Thursday, May 29

Doing it Right



Today at work we had our monthly office meeting. We all get together and are talked to by the owner of what's going on, the statistics of how the office overall is doing, employees of the month, best productivity... You get the idea. Well I try not to think all high and mighty of myself but an equally hard working employee. Well, for the month of April I had the 3rd highest productivity out of all the employees in the office. That really surprised me because, yes I know I work hard, but I just figure everyone works hard. I was really surprised by that.
Each month we have 3 employees of the month. I was also an employee of the month for April. I think it's awesome that I got to be one of them, but I didn't realize that I was doing that good of a job. It made my day a little bit to know that they recognize my hard work. Each day I come home feeling like I left 10 hours worth of work left on my desk and that I'm never going to get caught up, or I'm not doing a good enough job. So it was a nice change to know that it's normal to always have work left and that I'm not going to be fully caught up, but it's ok as long as I'm doing best.

Anyway, two weekends ago David, Katie, and I went to an Isotopes baseball game. It was fun and then we went back and ate at Katie's house. We've been becoming really good friends and enjoy hanging out with each other a lot. David & I both love her son Isiah and love her family so it's always fun to go to her house.

Memorial day was nice also. We went to a Memorial day Celebration, actually David was in it, and Senator McCain spoke and multiple people from Congress did also. It was slow and just a political campaign in the long run, but then we went to a friends house and BBQ and then played garage band. That is always fun.

I'm looking forward to this weekend because I'm going to another Tastefully Simple party. I love the food! Otherwise I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend of catching up on some laundry and cleaning house with David and watching movies. We decided we wanted to stay in and play with the dogs.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Keep up the good work chief! That's awesome they notice your hard work!

Kristen said...

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that I was thinking about you today and really missed you! I hope you are doing well. I really wish we lived closer!