Monday, July 5

Video Chatting

David has been gone for a full week now. It's never easy when he leaves, but I always understand why he does leave.

Today, we skyped each other and actually got to see each other. It was our first time ever doing that, and it's REALLY cool.

It was pretty funny because once I realized that I had speakers plugged into my lap top and turned them on to hear David, it was even better!

Moose & Stella started going crazy the second they heard David's voice. They were barking and running up the stairs and to the back door and to the front door. They were jumping on the couch and looking up our vaulted ceiling to see if David was up their as well.

Finally, once they calmed down, I brought Moose over to the Computer and he could then see David...oh how that started another commotion! We have a corner desk in our front room with our couch up against it. I have my screen hooked up to the laptop so it's easier for me to work at home. Moose ran to the couch and tried to jump over the back of it to figure out how Daddy was on this screen but not really here. It was really cute! Once Stella figured out where David was at as well, she did the same thing. Thankfully only Moose got his two front paws on the back of our desk and Stella didn't. I was worried that Moose was going to jump on the desk!

It was nice to see David and talk to him. It makes it a lot easier. :) So, anyone who skypes, let me know and we can video chat as well!

5 comments:

Jeni Allen said...

That's so cute! I thought skypeing was videochatting?? I guess I don't know a lot. I know Rachel does it all the time with her family. Ask her!

Lonita said...

How cute that the dogs were trying to get at David! (It's just like a kid - anytime we play Joshua one of our home videos, he'll turn around and stare at us if he hears one of our voices on the video.)I'm glad you found a good way to talk to David while he's away!

Donna said...

I love the dogs reaction! That is priceless. Sorry David is gone but at least you can talk to and see him this time!

sally said...

That is awesome you can actually see him. I know my brother-in-law's family does this with their kids in college while the family in Okinawa. I love how the dogs looked all over for him, sometimes we forget that they miss their people too.

Grandpa said...

Mom and I can Skype. I have it on my laptop and iPad and Mom has it on her computer. It is a cool way to stay in touch.