Tuesday, October 19

Orders

This morning I had just parked the car at work and was getting ready to cross the street (6:50 am) when my phone rang. It was David on the other line and he doesn't normally call me, I always call him at work to tell him I love him. (I always think it might brighten his day a little bit).

I answer the phone and he immediately asks me, "are you driving?"

I replied "No, what's up?" a little shaky as that's never really a good way to start a conversation.

David continued, "We got orders today". We weren't expecting orders as David told his Major on Friday that we would be willing to stay an extra year to help out the Company and so David could get all his Staff training done for when he picks up soon.

I eagerly reply, "Where to!?"

David then said, "I report to APAC in Jacksonville, NC on Jan 5" and I RUDELY INTERRUPT "we are going back to North Carolina!!!!"

David continued "If you can not interrupt me, I report to North Carolina on Jan 5 for 5 weeks for training. I will then be back and we will report to our MCAS Miramar on March 23."

Lets just say I screeched with joy because we are going to San Diego!!! I can't wait!

11 comments:

Grandpa said...

For you non-military types "pick-up" means promotion, and in this case to Staff Sergeant and MCAS is Marine Corps Air Station. Gotta love those military terms. Congratulations kids. We are excited.

sally said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! So very excited.

Jeni Allen said...

Super, super excited for you. Think you could swing England next?? Maybe Spain or Germany! That would work too!

quilts and quirks said...

We are all so happy for you. We are all coming to visit (at one time or another.)

Lonita said...

How exciting - congrats! San Diego is beautiful (and what an awesome place for all of us to come visit :-).

sally said...

I'm already looking at plane tickets, not too bad!

Tim said...

I am excited as well because now I have a reason to visit San Diego!

Donna said...

Yeah! We will be there constantly! You will get so sick of us!

Student Entrepreneur said...

YEA!!!!

allerkins said...

Oh San Diego sounds like so much fun! I'm so glad you get to go where you wanted!

Marti said...

Grandpa heard you were going to visit him while you were staying in Sacramento. He was excited. :)