Saturday, July 9

Pictures

Being a military family, we seem to move at least every three years (and at the last 2 duty stations, even more within the city).

We can usually unpack the boxes quickly except for a couple that we seem to never unpack (and they are always the same boxes but I don't have the heart to throw them out).

One of our big struggles as a husband and wife is figuring out where to put the pictures. We are slowly putting up the pictures, but it takes us time. We have 1 up in the kitchen, 1 up in the dining room, 4 in the office, quite a few going up the staircase.

This morning, I decided the perfect spot for this lovely sign my sister made me for Christmas. I have been wanting to put it up for a while, but didn't know where. I was up before David and it was about 9 this morning. I got out the hammer and a small nail and started to put the nail in the wall when David came down. I woke David up this morning by nailing in the nail, but the sign is up and I love it! As soon as I'm done with this, I'm going to ask David to put up a new family portrait we had taken 2 weekends ago.

I'm excited for this house to become our home slowly but surely. We have put up curtains, our things throughout the house and now we are finally getting all the pictures up! I guess between all these moves, David & I don't rush to get everything up anymore, but we love it once everything is up!

2 comments:

Donna said...

And your place is starting to look good!

Jeni Allen said...

I totally know what you mean. It's so hard to get everything unpacked, let alone up on the wall. I just packed all of our wall pictures. They are all in the same two boxes, so I'm hoping I can get them up easily enough. Here's hoping anyway!