Sunday, February 17

Drill Weekend



This weekend is a drill weekend for David. It started on Thursday and thankfully he hasn't had to stay overnight. They were suppose to go to a mountain this weekend but they had to cancel it due to way to much snow. I think it was like 5 ft where they were suppose to go shooting. But it's Sunday and I miss my husband. He got off last night about 7 pm and was back at work at 5 am this morning. But he doesn't think he's going to be leaving work tonight until 8 to 9 pm. I am lucky in the fact though that David is admin and so he usually won't have to stay the night in the field. All the other guys do have to stay in the field. But unfortunately the two top head people are both single and so all the guys never get time off and they also work a lot of holidays. But I am thankful though that he is home almost every single night for the next 4 years!
Yesterday I went out with one of the guys fiances from David's work. We just hung out and went to the flea market (which I heard will be a lot better in the summer) went out to eats, went to Kohls, and to the dog park. It was nice to not be alone all day and she thought the same.

Well I also got a job on Friday! I will be working at Little and Dranttel Law Firm as a legal secretary...I think. I'm pretty excited but a little nervous. They specialize in Creditor Rights, Foreclosure, Bankruptcy, Evictions, Collections, Replevin, Truth in Lending Law, Fair Debt Collection Practice Act, Unfair Trade Practices, Fair Credit Reporting Act, RESPA, Commercial Litigation, Business Law, Contract Law, Class Action Defense, State, Federal and Tribal Courts. That's probably a little to much info but that's ok.
I think next weekend if the weather is cooperating that David and I will go to the top of the mountains and play in the snow. We will have to take the dogs also so they can have some fun also!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Congrats on the job! It sounds very important! So David is nondeployable for 4 years? That's awesome! I'm excited cause Justin gets home tomorrow morning :)

Jessica said...

Congrads on the job! That will be nice for you. Well I hope you guys get to get up the mountain. Have fun!