Saturday, February 6

Another Cake

As most of you know, I love making cakes and i love using my new kitchen aid to make fondant icing! So yummy and I never thought I would ever use it for that! 1 1/2 weeks ago, we had a little potluck for an attorney at my work. She is getting married tomorrow in Ohio. Everyone made food and brought it in, but I was in charge of the cake! I made another red velvet cake with white fondant icing. I then learned how to make roses and lilies for the cake. Everyone was so impressed and kept asking me if I had taken cake classes. I told everyone, yes, on you tube! You can learn anything on you tube and it's great! I think the best comment I heard that day was from another attorney who said "I can't even buy a cake that beautiful!" That totally made my day. Here are some pics of the cake!


The front of the cake


The back of the cake, the lines coming down stems, I made a mistake and that was how I covered it up.


The roses


The lilies

11 comments:

Grandpa said...

You are Grandma McLean's granddaughter. She would have loved to see that cake. It is the kind of thing she loved to do. Of course, since you are a McLean/Longcor, you do come by it naturally. Your mom has made some pretty spectacular cakes.

Student Entrepreneur said...

Krissie -
That is SO WAY cool!!! you are going to have to show me how to make that at sisters weekend!!!

Grandpa said...

Mom agrees. You have to show them the basics.

Lonita said...

The cake turned out gorgeous - the flowers look so good!

sally said...

That is such a beautiful cake. I'm so impressed and it looks like so much fun.

Jeni Allen said...

Amazing! I love it! You need to start charging girl!

Shauna said...

The cake is beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie -

What a beautiful cake - you are so talented. I can't wait for you to make my anniversary cake. Love you, Mom.

quilts and quirks said...

This is a beautifully decorated cake. The flowers, the hardest part, look great.

Donna said...

Wow! That cake looks great! Good job

Shauna said...

4 layers - not an impressive fondant cake but it was fun and yummy :)