Friday, March 12

Another Baby Shower

This last week was a crazy week. I had an allergies for one of the first times, it was awful! The allergies turned into an awful cold that made me want to stay in all week, but alas, I work again! One of my good friends was having a baby shower on Sunday and I had volunteered to make the cake. This time, I wanted to go above and beyond my other cakes. With me feeling sick the week of the shower, I ended up buying the fondant at a specialty cake shop. It was expensive, but much better then the fondant you can buy at Wal Mart, Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I was even able to buy CHOCOLATE fondant! How cool is that! I didn't even have to make the brown! My friends theme was ladybugs, but not red ladybugs, PINK ladybugs! And her colors were brown and pink. David also helped me make the cake! He was so much help and made it go so much faster! Here are a few pics!


This was the bottom layer. For the ladybug spots and eyes, we used frosting gel

This was the top layer.

The cupcakes were yellow cake with whipped chocolate frosting in the middle. YUMMY! The cakes were marble and they were supper good as well!

5 comments:

quilts and quirks said...

What cute cakes. The ladybugs and flowers look great. You are a great cake decorated. Looks fun to make.

Student Entrepreneur said...

Krissie,
That looks great!! I love the lady bugs!!

Hope you are feeling good soon!!!

Lonita said...

I think you've got another career going on with the cake decorating! Such cute cakes.

Donna said...

What a cute cake! Glad you had fun with it and hope you're feeling better soon.

Jeni Allen said...

You are amazing! How do you do it???? I'm so impressed! Hope you're feeling better soon, it's the pits being sick!