Thursday, March 31

A Week Later


Lion
Originally uploaded by DanMcLean
Almost exactly a week after we moved into our new house, my parents came for a long weekend visit.

We had lots of fun.

On Friday, we ate at Rubio's (yummy fast mexican)

On Saturday we went to the Wild Animal Safari Park - it's part of the zoo. I got a year pass and David gets in free year round due to being in the military. The zoo wasn't enough for my dad, so we also went to Lowe's & IKEA. = Long day. Thankfully, I thought ahead and we had pulled pork for dinner that I had put into the crock pot before we had left that morning. After the zoo, we felt like this lion!

On Sunday, we went to Church and took a walk.

On Monday, I worked while David & my parents went to Old Town to check out the Mormon Battalion. I heard it's way cool & David is going to take me back once he has a free weekend. After I finished working, we walked around an outdoor mall & then went to Old Town for dinner. I LOVE mexican!

On Tuesday, it was a hard day. My parents left.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like you had a fun time. Did you guys see that lion on your visit to the park?

Jeni Allen said...

It's always a hard day when mom and dad leave. You'd think it would get easier with time, but no. . . it's just always hard!

quilts and quirks said...

The lion was in the park. This is as close as I'll get to a real safari, and I loved it. It was a lot of fun. And of course the mexican food was wonderful.

sally said...

I always hate it when they leave but then I have to remind myself I have to get on with my life. But that lion is awesome. Bonnie & Chas are definitely looking forward to that. Bonnie can't wait to see Aunt Kris!

Student Entrepreneur said...

I was thinking this was a picture of your dog - until I realized that doesn't look like any of your dogs!!

The day I left Vegas was VERY hard!! I had a tear in my eyes many of times. And anytime some said something to me - Dean told them to be nice, Mommy misses her mom!!