Monday, April 4

Cooking Adventures

The last couple of weeks, David & I have been trying lots of new recipes for different reasons.

1. We are tired of the things I make normally

2. We are trying to be more healthy.

The cookbook we have been using is It's Good For You by Pampered Chef. Most people know I covet anything Pampered Chef, so while using my cookbook, I'm using all of my items too!

Last week, I was making Quick Curried Chicken for dinner. I bought the wrong spice at the grocery store the weekend before hand. I bought Cumin Powder, thinking Curry Powder (I know, silly me). Not even realizing it even when making the meal, I used the Cumin Powder. Now for the spices, the Curry Powder is the big ingredient in the recipe. Once I poured all the Cumin powder into the bowl, I was choking. I couldn't even finish making the dish, so I bagged it all up and threw it in the trash. David came into the house about 15 minutes later and started choking as soon as he walked in the door, from the Cumin powder. We ended up eating out that night.

Tonight, i re-tried making the Quick Curried Chicken, with curry powder this time. It was a big success. We LOVED it! Glad that when I use the correct spices, dinner is a big hit!

5 comments:

Shauna said...

that sounds so good to me, but justin doesn't like curry. i'll have to make it when he's out of town :) so funny/sad about the cumin mix-up!

Jeni Allen said...

That sounds super yummy! Dad was just telling me how you guys taught him how to do the asparagus on the grill and he loves the PC contraption you got them!

Donna said...

That looks really good! Too bad I don't really like curry or I'd make it too.

Lonita said...

Funny, Donna - I love curry but don't like chicken. Maybe we can split the recipe in half. :-) Yeah, I can see how cumin might be a little strong in large doses - glad it worked out in the end!

Maria said...

We LOVE that cookbook! There is a new one that came out last month that is super yummy too. We like the pasta primavera!