Thursday, May 5

Corvette Diner



Tonight, David came home from work and as I hadn't left the house other then for grocery shopping on Tuesday and church on Sunday, I hadn't done much this week other then work...a lot of hours. I was aching from working all week, not wanting to cook tonight and David needed some new socks for his hump (a long hike) that he has tomorrow. One of my really good friends asked if we had ate at the Corvette Diner yet, which we hadn't. We had received an awesome military coupon in the mail this week for the Corvette Diner, so we decided to go on over. It's not super close, about 10 miles away, but we are always up for trying out new places. 

This place was AWESOME! We were seated in a black lighting area and the tables glowed after some pressure was placed on it. When I picked up my silver wear, it was bright green! Our server was a bit loud, but she made sure our drinks were filled. The food was pretty good, the dessert was delicious! 

Some of the things that made the place so AWESOME:

1. They had a REAL DJ playing 50's music
2. They had a dessert that was a platter of cotton candy. We saw it, it was a platter of cotton candy...it was way cool!
3. They had a guy who made fun things out of balloons. I got a blue dog with a leash!
4. The wait staff danced with pom poms. 
5. They had a game room (we didn't go in it.)


Lets just say, the place rocked. If you have kids or just 2 adults, it's a way fun place to eat at.

6 comments:

Shauna said...

sounds awesome! i wanna go!

Jeni Allen said...

That sounds super, super fun! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Lonita said...

Sounds fund - I love 50s-themed diners!

Donna said...

Sounds like fun. Love that the tables glowed after you touched them!

quilts and quirks said...

Was that blue dog on a lease food or a toy or REAL? The diner sounds like a really fun place to eat. Was it hot dogs and hamburgers? We may have to hit this place the next time we visit.

sally said...

That sounds like so much fun. But I'd leave my kids at home so I could have fun!