Friday, August 26

Special Time

This past weekend, I flew my mom in for some girl time for just us two girls. I don't know about you, but I absolutely love spending time with my mom and I never feel like I get enough time with her as we don't live in the same city. She came in town last Saturday morning. We had fun at the grocery store, making nutella crepes and then we ate at Point Loma Seafood where I will take all of my guests who enjoy delicious but outdoor casual dining. We then went to the San Diego Padres game! We had so much fun, even if we froze and should have brought blankets! Who would have though in August to bring blankets to a baseball game! We won, had a bunch of home runs and did the wave multiple times. Who doesn't love a good baseball game! 

On Sunday, we went to church as normal, but we packed a picnic lunch before we left. We came home, changed and grabbed our lunch. We were on our way to the free outdoor organ concert. It was amazing. We then walked around the little international houses that is only open on Sundays. It was fun walking through about 20 different cottages. 

On Monday, I worked all day and mom sewed all day. Mom had so much fun while I struggled to work and not play! We then went out to see The Help. It was probably almost just as good as the book. 

On Tuesday, I worked int he morning and then that afternoon, we went to our favorite place in Coronado for Pizza. I have been 3 times and mom once, every time I have had something different and have loved it.



Here is mom and I after enjoying a delicious lunch. The weather was perfect and we loved eating outside!

Afterwards, mom and I went to the zoo! If you have never been to the San Diego Zoo, I highly recommend it. It's huge and beautiful. Mom and I took the 35 to 45 minute bus tour and then had unlimited use of the express bus. It was a great way of seeing so much. We saw probably 90 % of the zoo in 2 hours. 



Here is mom & I with Monkey King Stilt Walkers. They looked amazing and were so tall! 


Here is mom getting ready to go see the Panda's. They have added an additional panda since the last time I came, a red panda. They are so cute and I just want to take them home! 

All in all, mom and I had a blast. It was a great couple of days to help me get out of my rut of David being gone and I know mom had a blast as well! I couldn't think of a better way to spend a couple of days with mom!

7 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like you two had so much fun!!! We definitely have to do the zoo next time we come.

Lonita said...

That sounds like so much fun! Glad you 2 had a chance to spend some fun time together. We're definitely gettinge excited to come see you in 2 months!

Jeni Allen said...

How fun!!! I'm so glad mom got to come out and see you! I'd fly her in every other week if I could get away with it!

sally said...

I'm so glad you got to have Mom visit. I am so jealous you went to the pizza place, I love that place.

Grandpa said...

It was a great week for Mom and I missed her, but it was sure good to get her home on Wednesday evening.

quilts and quirks said...

This was the most fun packed 5 days I've had. The Pizza place is so fun, plus the bridge going over to Corornado. The zoo was so fun from the bus and foot. The ballgame was a great way to start the extended weekend. Plus time to sew without interruptions. I even got quality time with Moose (the lap dog) laying his head on my lap while we watched movies. Sign me up for another. This was FUN.

quilts and quirks said...

I forgot to say THANK YOU,THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU in my last blog.