Friday, September 16

Japanese Friendship Garden

A couple of weeks ago, a friend of mine and I went to the Japanese Friendship Gardens. It's a small area in Balboa Park but absolutely beautiful.


We had a pond with fish.

They are pretty big fish and very colorful.


A small tree area but were amazing as they look like the large trees. 


My dad has taken a lot of pictures of doors from the Countries he has visited and I was thinking of him as I took this photo. I love the engraving on the door and the handles.


I really loved the trees.

It was a great little area with lots of thinking time and very peaceful. It was a hot Saturday afternoon and walking through all the shade was very nice.

3 comments:

Donna said...

What a gorgeous area! Definitely a must see on our next visit!

Jeni Allen said...

Totally gorgeous! I agree with Donna. It's a must see on our next visit!

sally said...

I love Japanese Gardens, they are always so peaceful. I love those doors too. I doubt we'll see it on our next visit consider kids and peaceful gardens don't exactly mix! So glad David is coming home soon. We miss you guys & San Diego!