Friday, November 23

Marine Corp Ball Weekend

This past weekend on the 17th of Novemer we celebrated the USMarine Corp Birthday at the Sheraton in Atlantic Beach. We had a lot of fun eating good yummy steak and dancing and a really good guest speaker. This picture right here is of us sitting at our table before the ceremony started. Everyone was completely obliterated with alcohol. It was really sad because 8 oz of soda with lots and lots of ice was $3.75 but beer was free. I was upset about that but only that really. We just drank water. It was free which was extra good.



We stayed at the Sheraton that night, which was suppose to be tons of fun, but I had been battling the flu for a day by then. After we had danced for a little bit we went upstairs and changed and went to the grocery store around the corner for some OJ. Thankfully, it was warm enough for us to sleep with the balacony open in our room so we could listen to the ocean as we slept and we were able to wake up to the ocean. It was awesome!



This is a view from one of our two balaconys. By morning I was feeling better and enjoyed looking outside and it wasn't as windy.

Before we went to the ball we went to Fort Knolls Aquarium which was way cool. We were able to even go on a nature walk. We petted stingray fish and horseshoe crabs. We saw a shipwreck which is also the largest aquarium in NC which had sharks, way cool fishes, and lots of other things. Overall, I felt like I learned a lot and even used what I learned to help me with my biology homework that was due on Monday. This next picture is of walking into the aquarium which is a waterfall. It was pretty cool.



Overall, the weekend was a lot of fun and I had taken enough cold medicine to make it tons of fun, until it was bedtime. When we get our professional pictures back from the ball, I will post a much better picture of us.

2 comments:

Shauna said...

The little bit I can see of your dress looks so cute! The weekend sounds fun except your flu. That part stinks. Glad you're feeling better!

Kristen said...

You look gorgeous!!!!!! How fun!!!