Monday, April 14

Flea Market take 2

So, this weekend was another drill weekend...which means it's a boring weekend for the wives. Well three of us got together and went to the flea market. The first time David had drill my friend Dom and I went, but it was way cold so their were only about 15 vendors. Well, it was in the 70's this past weekend and Dom, Tommy, and I went to the flea market and they had over 100 vendors! It was so much fun! Well I got some real good finds...and SO cheap! I LOVE bargains. My 1st and most favorite thing is Kokopelli.
web.jpg">
You can google Kokopelli and learn all about him, but he's way cool and we got three of them. One medium size one, and two small ones that face each other. We are going to put them off in the front room.
My second find was super cheap and super yummy and ripe fruit.

It pretty much looks like that and I paid like $3. I love flea/farmers markets. My last find is one of David's favorites. In New Mexico, green chili is a must! We got fresh roasted green chili. It may look so disgusting, but you pop it into the microwave and put some salt on it and it's soooo yummy.

It's a huge success and if anyone wants to visit we will show you some of our favorite things.
Our favorite pizza place, Dion's, has the BEST pizza and our favorite way is pepperoni with green chili.

It's so yummy. It's the new mexican thing to put green chili on everything. You can get here at McDonald's a double cheeseburger with green chili. Who would have thought!? But so, the new mexican way of life is pretty good, as long as you don't get me talking about their driving!

3 comments:

Thaomee said...

I had a blast! Guess what? I made Beef Green Chili Stew with the green chili for dinner tonight. It was so hot, but so yummy!!!

Kristen said...

Hey girly!! How are you?? I am glad you are liking it there!! We will have to plan a trip sometime soon to see each other!

Shauna said...

How am I from AZ and have never heard of eating fresh roasted green chili? The kokopelli is so cool and I'm way jealous of all the cheap produce! The farmer's market here is a RIP OFF.