Tuesday, September 22

Autumn

It's the first day of fall and all I am thinking about is how beautiful it is this time of year in Indiana. I haven't been to Indiana in a few years, but I grew up with parents who made me really appreciate fall and spring. I grew up loving the the change of colors and the birth of new flowers and trees.



In Albuquerque, I don't feel as if it is the same...at all. It is much to brown for me. But, I am learning to appreciate different things. For one, we thankfully do not get nearly as much snow! Also, the balloon festival is huge and a wonderful time to be with others. Today is the first day of fall, and the high is 65 degrees. The windows are open (have been for a week and a half now) and I turned off all the fans today because it is so nice and cool. It isn't going to stay this way, but I am enjoying it.

5 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

I love fall and spring time too!!

Donna said...

I love Fall the most. After a scorching summer nothing is better than a cool down. It took me a while to appreciate Fall in the West, but now I like it too, altho I miss the vibrant colors we only get in the canyons here.

quilts and quirks said...

We do have our windows open now, it is 10:30 p.m. It is nice to a cool breeze, besides the fans on the ceilings. I do miss the beautiful colors of the fall trees in the midwest.

Grandpa said...

I'm with you Krissie. I miss the midwest falls and all the colors. It is supposed to be 99 all weekend. I guess that's our fall. However, we do have backyard color all winter.

allerkins said...

I also love fall. I'm a very lucky girl to have my birthday and my wedding in my favorite season! That is an awesome picture of the hot air balloons too! We've seen a few here and there here in Boise and they make me so happy!