Sunday, September 13

Fondant

On Saturday, September 12, 2009, I got to play around with some fondant. I was super excited to have my friend teach me. We made 2 small 6 in cakes so we could both have one. I made a 4 layer cake and after it was really hard to frost my cake, my friend made a 2 layer cake. I didn't get pictures of my friends, but they both turned out so CUTE!




The piping on the frosting was a little crooked on purpose. The fondant did a little cracking and because our iron was at David's work, I couldn't steam the cracks out. So I did piping over the big cracks so you could see it. Also, the cake was super yummy!

4 comments:

Student Entrepreneur said...

How fun! I need to do that one of these days!!

Donna said...

That is so cool! I've always wanted to try fondant but just haven't gotten around to it. Now you can show me sometime!

Shauna said...

very cute! i'm so intimidated by fondant.

your cali trip sounds fun! cali is the best :)

Lonita said...

Love the cake - very cute! I've never tried working with fondant.