Friday, September 25

Recipes

This one is for you Suzanne! I love to share recipes!

Green Chili Stew (by far so good)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
1 onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed

DIRECTIONS
In a large pot over medium heat, heat the oil and brown the stew meat and the onions until onions are translucent; about 5 minutes

Pour in the diced tomatoes with chiles, beef broth and chile peppers. Stir in the garlic salt and cumin. Salt and pepper to taste.

Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Add a little more beef broth or water if needed during simmering.

Stir in cubed potatoes to the mixture and simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.

For this, I also added in some other spices that I thought sounded good, such as Ms. Dash's Southwestern Spice. I also make yummy homemade bread to go with this but tortillas go great also. Oh, And I only had 1 cup of beef broth, so I also put chicken broth in it and is was still excellent.



This next recipe, the BBQ Chicken Calzones, was super yummy. We just tried it for the first time, but it is most definitely a keeper. Just click here for the recipe.

That is all for now, but I hope you enjoy the recipes.

1 comment:

Student Entrepreneur said...

YUMMY!!! I can't wait to try the BBQ Chicken!!! Thanks!