Tuesday, January 22

Job Seeking



Today, I continued my search for a job (actually I have only put in only one application before today). I had a sudden urge to go to the temple (which was closed last week due to semi-annual cleaning) so I checked the schedule and it re-opened today. I got dressed real fast, let the dogs out one more time, put them away and went to the temple...a 10 minute drive! It was so nice to be just able to go without an appointment and just walk in. I felt so much at peace afterwards and ready for the rest of the day. After going to the temple I felt revived for the day and ready to go. I was able to apply at two or three places, come home and apply at some more online and then go get david. I am so ready for a job though. I've applied at Kohl's, Borders, The Apple Store, and a storage unit place. I'm just looking for something to give me something to do until school starts.
Today, I also applied to Central New Mexico Community College. I should be starting in May. I'm ready for that also. I'm just happy we are finally getting settled in and enjoying the area. We went to old downtown last weekend which is a very cool area. We were able to buy the #1 winning Salsa for the past two years, which is super yummy. Anyway, we are just having lots of fun.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Cool. That would be nice to live so close to the Temple! I am glad you guys are enjoying the area. We miss you guys!

Shauna said...

So is Kohl's your #1 job spot? You would spend your whole paycheck on clothes there! :) I love hearing about all the exploring you guys do. I never thought I wanted to live in NM but you make it sound really appealing!