Tuesday, January 29

Snow





Last night or early morning it snowed in Albuquerque. I heard freezing rain last night hitting the window woke me up. So I knew to expect something this morning, but I wasn't sure what. David and I were getting ready to take the dogs outside when I saw the snow! I was so excited, David groaned (with all rights). Stella was so excited she wouldn't stop running around, I don't think she went to the bathroom. Driving David to work this morning was very slow. Usually it's 20 minutes roundtrip but it took 45-50 minutes today. Thankfully everyone was pretty nice and no one was trying to go super fast. I only really slid in one area, but what amazes me is that I only saw one snow plow and it didn't have it's thing down and it wasn't dumping salt. Their really wasn't any snow on the roads, just ice, that's why I was surprised. Then I was super surprised when I turned on the radio and heard that the public schools were cancelled for the day...for a 1/4 in snowfall! How crazy is that!? I thought it was pretty crazy. Anyway, David has every right to groan this morning because he has to go up to Santa Fe and attended two military funerals. He is really anxious about this for multiple reasons. He doesn't like funerals and he also has to present the american flag. He is thankful that it is older couples but he said that this is everyones job that they dislike which I fully understand. Anyway, the first picture is from my balcony looking into the courtyard and the second one is also from my balcony looking at the mountains! I love the mountains!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

That's so cool you got snow. I love seeing the view from your apartment to see what you guys see every day. It's pretty there! Hope things went okay at the funeral for David... definitely not a fun job but I'm sure the families appreciate it.

Maria said...

haha that's awesome. We had a snow day yesterday and today totally should have been one. Lots of snow and tons of ice

Nichole said...

I so miss the snow, you want to send some to us? We miss you guys.