Tuesday, October 7

balloon fiesta


balloon fiesta
Originally uploaded by denverallens
This past weekend my 2nd oldest sister and her family came to visit. We had so much fun. First I got off work early for family! That just made me weekend to start off. Then us adults went out to Rudy's...way good BB-Q. Unfortunantely, David had drill weekend this past weekend, but he got off at 4-4:30 everyday! On Saturday morning, Jeni and her family and I went to the Hot Air Balloon festival. Amazing! Over 700 hot air balloons took off in an hour and we could walk through them. They had tons of different shapes and styles. We got to sample free spam, eat roasted almonds...yummy, and see lots of different things. Then we went up and met David at his work for lunch and a picnic.
That evening us adults went out to Old Town and had some really, really yummy mexican. We were serenade by a guitarist and then David played his guitar.
On Sunday morning, the kids, Jeni, and I went up Sandia Tramway. At the top of the mountain we ate at High Finance, which I thought would be super expensive, but thankfully the lunch menu isn't. It was only 30 degrees at the top, it was cloudy so we couldn't see anything, and we had snow and ice. It wasn't a lot, but now I've seen my first thing of snow and ice. That evening we had our friends the Meyers over for dinner with us, carne asada tacos...that we made ourselves, played guitar hero and sand sing star.
I was sad to see my sister and her family to go, but we had so much fun. I can't wait for next year for us to do it again. This weekend David and I are going to the Balloon Festival again and will take lots of pictures to post!

3 comments:

sally said...

That looked like so much fun. I am thinking maybe next year we need to come for that too. What do you think - the more the merrier! I am so glad you and Jen had so much fun.

Jeni Allen said...

What did I tell you, it was only 28 degrees at the top! No embellishing, face it, it was COLD! But so much fun and so worth it! The kids are still talking about it. Mac's already written a report about Balloon Fiesta and Sydney's teacher requested info so I sent in one of my many bumper stickers I got there. She loves it! Thanks again! By the way, went to the doc yesterday and I'm on antibiotics now too! Hope you don't get sick! Love you lots!

Donna said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys got to hand out together! The balloon thing sound so cool.